ROUTES FOR THE PENINSULA
For those who enjoy vacationing with long expeditions Desert & Sea has the option of several itineraries from 1 week to 16 days. Although we have circuits already designed under certain preferences of our market, we can adjust to their times and budget.
For more information or a quotation to your measure, please send all the data by mail and we will gladly present options according to the preferences and time that they indicate us.
Here is an example of the type of expedition we carry out.
Whale and Rock Art 1 Circuit
* Day 1 Arrival.You will be welcomed at the airport by our staff, who will immediately make the transportation to your hotel in Loreto.
* Day 2 Blue whales in the Sea of Cortes.We pick them up at 7: 00am at the hotel, and drive to where the boat waits. The walk typically starts south of the Marine Park, the area between islands known by locals as the triangle of whales, where we expect to find blue whales although perhaps we also find humpback, pilot, fin or killer whales. We will stop in Isla del Carmen for a picnic on the beach, stretch out and learn about the island. After taking photos and learning a bit about local flora and fauna, we will undertake the return to Loreto. From the Marina we take you back to your hotel. The rest of the afternoon is free (3: 00pm).
* 2 Day Alternative: Ranch and Mission.We are at the hotel at 9: 00am and start the route on the transpeninsular road #1 heading south. We headed south and took the detour to 3 only minutes from the village entrance. We turn right in front of Sierra de la Giganta. During the trip we talk about local flora and fauna. Our next stop is a ranch where we will learn about the elaboration of cheese and the techniques of Jesuit agriculture still practiced by the inhabitants of the peninsula. We continue the road to San Javier, once there we enter the mission and visit an orchard that is estimated to have been there for centuries. After a lunch at a local restaurant, we returned to the hotel in Loreto. Rest of the afternoon free (4: 00pm).
* 3 Bahía Concepción and Mulegé Day.We left the hotel at 9am after breakfast. The first stop is to take pictures of the landscape and recognize types of flora and fauna of the area. The rest of the morning we will spend visiting the beautiful beaches of the bay. Lunch is at a local restaurant. After lunch we take a short walk to see a nearby site with petrograbados. Around the 3: 00pm we start the journey towards Mulegé. Once arrived, the rest of the afternoon is free (5pm). We sleep in Mulegé.
* Day 4 Village of Mulegé and visit to Santa Rosalía.Breakfast of 8-9am. Walk through the village and towards the mission, local museum and the viewpoint of the estuary to see birds. We start the road to Santa Rosalía to 11: 30am approximately. On arrival we visited the mission, the municipal palace, the Hotel El Francés and the museum of the El Boleo mining. Lunch at local restaurant. We left at 3: 30 pm approx. Heading for San Ignacio. Stop at the 3 volcano to take pictures. We slept in San Ignacio.
* Day 5 Gray whales in San Ignacio.Breakfast of 7-8am. We will go to the lagoon of San Ignacio. We will do the whale watching tour for 2 hours. Lunch at local seafood restaurant and walk along the shore of the lagoon to observe birds. Return to the village of San Ignacio at 3pm approx. Rest of the day free (4: 30 pm). We slept in San Ignacio.
* 6 Day San Ignacio Mission and cave paintings in Sierra de San Francisco.7 breakfast: 30-8: 30 am. Visit to the San Ignacio Mission in Kadakaamán. Continue north to Sierra de San Francisco. After 10kms we stopped at the "Cave of the Mouse" site to see cave paintings, recognized worldwide along with those of the rest of the area, among the most interesting in Mexico. We will have a picnic lunch and rest a little before heading to Guerrero Negro. Rest of the afternoon free (5: 30 pm). We slept in Guerrero Negro.
* 7 Day Gray whales and birds in Guerrero Negro.We leave the hotel after breakfast at the 8am to the marina where the boat awaits us to go to see gray whales in the Laguna de San Ignacio. The return is to the 12: 00pm and we will take time to eat and rest until the 4: 00. In the afternoon when we met we walked along the shore of the lagoon to photograph birds. Return to the hotel for dinner and rest again in Guerrero Negro.
* Day 8 Salt Mine. We visit the famous salt mine at 9am.After the tour we return to Santa Rosalia. After lunch we started the return heading south. We spent the night in Mulege.
* DAY 9 Bahía Concepción.Breakfast 8: 30 am-9: 30am at the end we start the journey back to the bay of white beaches. We stopped at the beach of your choice to swim and snorkel. Lunch in local restaurant. We left for Loreto around 4pm. Rest of the afternoon free (5: 40 pm). We slept in Loreto.
* DAY 10 Coronado Island. Breakfast of 7-8am. We leave the marina heading for the nearest 5 island in the marine park. After a full tour of the island, bird watching and a visit to the colony of sea lions, we stopped to spend some time on the beach, snorkeling and having lunch. We return to the marina around 2pm.
* DAY 11 City Tour.Breakfast at 8-10am hotel. We started the walk by the sea. Then we head down the historic street towards the square and towards the Municipal Palace. We visited the Kumutú public gallery and a mural inside the municipal building. We walked to the Mission of Loreto and the Museum of the Missions. We finish the tour taking you for a delicious local ice cream.
End of circuit.
* TRANSPORTATION HOTEL-OPTIONAL AIRPORT DEPENDING ON THE ITINERARY OF EACH CUSTOMER.
The circuit includes:
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch in San Javier, 2 box Lunch (Black Warrior / Coronado) and 2 Picnics
- Blue whale watching tour Loreto
- San Javier Mission Tour
- Gray whale watching trip in San Ignacio
- Gray whale watching trip in Ojo de Liebre lagoon
- Bird watching in Guerrero Negro
- Visit to the Salt Mine in Guerrero Negro
- Site of petrograbados in Bahía Concepción
- Walk to Coronado Island
- Transportation in air conditioned van
- Bilingual guide or bilingual guide
- Nights hotel
- Ticket to the Cave of the Mouse site (contribution for maintenance of the area)
- Entrance ticket to the museum of Loreto and the one of Santa Rosalia
- Entrance ticket to Loreto Bay National Park
The circuit does not include:
- Extra expenses per lodging -COmissions not mentioned as included
- Personal expenses
* Recommended season for this tour: from 10 from January to 28 from March.
* Recommendations: Bring comfortable shoes, warm clothing, windbreaker jacket, sun block, Polarized sunglasses, sandals, hat or cap. Camera
* Lodging: Hotel the Mission or Hacienda suites in Loreto (4noches);House Granada Mulegé (2noches);Desert Inn in San Ignacio (2noches);The Snails in Guerrero Negro (2noches).
* We remind you that the use of flash in cameras or video is prohibited inside the missions, the museums or in the sites of cave paintings.
* This tour has been planned for those who arrange their arrival in Loreto on their own.