ROUTES FOR THE PENINSULA
For those who enjoy vacationing with long expeditions Desert & Sea has the option of several itineraries from 1 week to 16 days. Although we have circuits already designed under certain preferences of our market, we can adjust to their times and budget.
For more information or a quotation to your measure, please send all the data by mail and we will gladly present options according to the preferences and time that they indicate us.
Here is an example of the type of expedition we carry out.
Whale and Rock Art 1 Circuit
* Day 1 Arrival. You will be welcomed at the airport by our staff, who will immediately transport you to your hotel in Loreto.
* Day 2 Blue whales in the Sea of Cortes. We pick them up at 7: 00am at the hotel, and we drive to where the boat waits. The walk begins typically heading south of the Marine Park, the area between islands known by locals as the triangle of whales, where we expect to find blue whales but perhaps also find humpback, pilot, fin, or even killer whales. We will stop at Isla del Carmen for a picnic on the beach, stretch and learn about the island. After taking pictures and learning a bit about local flora and fauna, we make the return to Loreto. From the Marina we take you back to your hotel. The rest of the afternoon is free (3: 00pm).
* Alternative 2 Day: Ranch and Mission. We met at the hotel at 9: 00am and we started the route on the trans-insular road #1 heading south. We head south and take the detour to only 3 minutes from the village entrance. We turn right facing Sierra de la Giganta. During the journey we talked about local flora and fauna. Our next stop is a ranch where we will learn about cheese making and the techniques of Jesuit agriculture still practiced by the inhabitants of the peninsula. We continue the road to San Javier, once there we enter the mission and visit an orchard that is estimated to have been there for centuries. After a lunch at a local restaurant, we return to the hotel in Loreto. Rest of the afternoon free (4: 00pm).
* 3 Bahía Concepción and Mulegé Day. We left the hotel at 9am after breakfast. The first stop is to take pictures of the landscape and recognize types of flora and fauna in the area. The rest of the morning we will spend visiting the beautiful beaches of the bay. Lunch is at a local restaurant. After lunch we take a short walk to see a nearby site with petroglyphs. Around the 3: 00pm we start the journey towards Mulegé. Once arrived, the rest of the afternoon is free (5pm). We slept in Mulegé.
* Day 4 Village of Mulegé and visit to Santa Rosalía. Breakfast of 8-9am. Walk through the town and towards the mission, local museum and the estuary viewpoint to see birds. We start the road to Santa Rosalia to 11: 30am approximately. Upon arrival we visited the mission, the municipal palace, the hotel El Francés and the museum of the mining company El Boleo. Lunch at local restaurant. We went to the 3: 30 pm approx. on the way to San Ignacio. Stop at the virgin 3 volcano to take pictures. We sleep in San Ignacio.
* 5 Day Gray Whales in San Ignacio. Breakfast of 7-8am. We will go to the lagoon of San Ignacio. We will do the whale watching tour for 2 hours. Lunch at local seafood restaurant and walk along the shore of the lagoon to observe birds. Return to the town of San Ignacio at 3pm approx. Rest of the day off (4: 30 pm). We sleep in San Ignacio.
* 6 Day San Ignacio Mission and cave paintings in Sierra de San Francisco. 7 breakfast: 30-8: 30 am. Visit to the Mission San Ignacio de Kadakaamán. We continue north towards Sierra de San Francisco. After 10kms of dirt road we stop at the site of "Cueva del Ratón" to see cave paintings, recognized worldwide along with the rest of that area, among the most interesting in Mexico. We will have a picnic lunch and rest a little before leaving for Guerrero Negro. Rest of the afternoon free (5: 30 pm). We slept in Black Warrior.
* 7 Day Gray whales and birds in Guerrero Negro. We left the hotel after breakfast at the 8am to the marina where the boat awaits us to go to see gray whales in the Laguna de San Ignacio. The return is to the 12: 00pm and we will take time to eat and rest until the 4: 00. In the afternoon when we met we walked along the shore of the lagoon to photograph birds. We return to the hotel for dinner and rest again in Guerrero Negro.
* Day 8 Salt Mine. We visit the famous salt mine at 9am. After the excursion we return to Santa Rosalia. After lunch we start the return journey south. We spent the night in Mulegé.
* DAY 9 Bahía Concepción. Breakfast of 8: 30 am-9: 30am when we finish we start the trip back to the bay of white beaches. We stop at the beach of your choice to swim and snorkel. Lunch at a local restaurant. We left for Loreto around the 4pm. Rest of the afternoon free (5: 40 pm). We sleep in Loreto.
* DAY 10 Coronado Island. Breakfast of 7-8am. We left the marina for the closest island of the 5 in the marine park. After going around the island, seeing birds and visiting the colony of sea lions, we stopped to spend some time on the beach, snorkeling and having lunch. We return to the marina around the 2pm.
* DAY 11 City tour. Breakfast at the 8-10am hotel. We start the walk by the sea. Then we headed down the historic street towards the plaza and towards the municipal Palace. We visited the Kumutú public gallery and a mural inside the municipal building. Next we walk towards the Mission of Loreto and Museum of the Missions. We finish the tour taking you for a delicious local ice cream.
End of circuit.
* TRANSPORTATION HOTEL-AIRPORT OPTIONAL DEPENDING ON THE ITINERARY OF EACH CUSTOMER.
The circuit includes:
- 10 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch in San Javier, 2 box Lunch (Black Warrior / Coronado) and 2 Picnics
- Loreto Blue Whale Watching Tour
- Tour to Mission of San Javier
- Gray whale watching trip in San Ignacio
- Gray whale watching trip in Ojo de Liebre lagoon
- Birdwatching in Guerrero Negro
- Visit to the salt mine in Guerrero Negro
- Site of petro-engravings in Bahía Concepción
- Walk to Coronado Island
- Transportation in van with air conditioning
- Bilingual guide or bilingual guide-driver
- Nights hotel
- Ticket to the Cave of the Mouse site (contribution for maintenance of the area)
- Entrance ticket to the Loreto museum and the Santa Rosalia museum
- Entrance ticket for Bahia de Loreto National Park
The circuit does not include:
- Extra expenses for lodging -COmissions not mentioned as included
- Personal expenses
* Season of the year recommended for this tour: from 10 from January to 28 from March.
* Recommendations: Bring comfortable shoes, warm clothing, windbreaker jacket, sun block, polarized sunglasses, sandals, hat or cap. Camera
* Lodging: Hotel la Misión or Hacienda suites in Loreto (4nights); Casa Granada Mulegé (2nights); Desert Inn in San Ignacio (2nights); The Snails in Guerrero Negro (2noches).
* We remind you that the use of flash in cameras or video is prohibited inside the missions, the museums or in the sites of cave paintings.
* This tour has been planned for those who arrange their arrival in Loreto on their own.