In addition to the daily tours we organize, Desert & Sea also provides with several day expeditions called circuits. Here you find and example of one. Please feel free to contact us for more information, or send us your dates and what you want to explore, we customize one according to your vacation plans.
BEACH- WHALES-ROCK ART
*DAY 1 Arrival. You will be greeted at the airport by our staff who will be holding a sign with your name. From the airport we will transfer you to a hotel in Loreto.
*DAY 2 Blue Whales Sea of Cortez. We pick you up at the hotel 7:00am and drive you to the place where the boat will be waiting. The boat ride starts heading towards south and will continue between Carmen-Monserrat-Danzante islands where we find pilot, humpback, fin and blue whales. We will stop at Carmen island for a nice lunch, do stretches and learn about this island. After taking photos of the landscape and the local fauna we head towards Loreto. From the pier we take you back to your hotel. Rest of the afternoon free (3:00pm).
*DAY 2 Alternative: Ranch and Mission. We meet you at the hotel at 9:00am and drive you on highway #1 towards south. We turn right facing Sierra de la Giganta. On the way we will learn about local flora and fauna. Our next stop is at a ranch where we will learn about cheese elaboration and the agricultural jesuit techniques still practiced by the peninsula inhabitants. We continue the way to San Javier, once there we enter the mission and visit the tricentenary olive trees in the backyard. After a nice luch in a local restaurant we go back to your hotel in Loreto. Rest of the afternoon free (4:00pm).
* DAY 3 Conception Bay Beaches and Mulegé. We leave the hotel at 9am after breakfast. We stop on the way to take pictures of the desert landscape and make recognition of flora and fauna. Following this we will spend the rest of the day enjoying one of the beautiful beaches of the bay. Lunch will be at a local restaurant. After the meal we will make a short walk to observe petroglyphs. Around 3 pm we head towards Mulegé. Rest of the afternoon free (4:30pm).
*DAY 4 Town of Mulegé and Santa Rosalía visit. Breakfast from 8-9am. Walk through the village to see the Mission, the local museum and the Mirador in the estuary for bird watching. We leave for Santa Rosalía at 11am approx. Upon arrival visit the church, the town hall, the French hotel and museum of the Boleo mining. Lunch at a local restaurant. We leave at 3:30 pm approx. Flights to San Ignacio. Stop at the volcano three virgins to take pictures. Overnight in San Ignacio.
* DAY 5 Gray whale in San Ignacio. Breakfast at 7-8am. We will leave for San Ignacio Lagoon. We will do the whale watching tour for 2 hours. Lunch at local seafood restaurant and walk near the shore of the lagoon for bird watching. Return to San Ignacio town around 3pm. Rest of the day free (4:30 pm)
* DAY 6 San Ignacio Mission and Paintings in Sierra de San Francisco. Breakfast from 7:30-8:30 am. Visit Mission San Ignacio de Kadakaamán. Continue north towards the Sierra de San Francisco. After 10kms of dirt road on the site of the “Cueva del Ratón” to see cave paintings cataloged among the most impressive in the world. We will have a picnic and rest in place to undertake the journey to Black Warrior overnight stay. Rest of the day free (5:30 pm).
* DAY 7 Gray Whale and Bird Guerrero Negro. We leave the hotel after breakfast at 8am to the pier where the boat is waiting to go out to watch whales in Scammon’s Lagoon. The return is at noon and will have time to rest and take food until 4:00 in the afternoon when we meet to walk the the lagoon shore to photograph birds. We return to the hotel for dinner and the second night in Guerrero Negro.
*DAY 8 Mina de Sal. Visit to the famous salt mine departing at 9am. After the excursion we head back to Santa Rosalía. After having lunch we continue driving south towards Mulegé to spend the night.
* DAY 9 Conception Bay. Breakfast from 8:30 am-9: 30am and we will leave for the bay of white beaches once again. We stop at the beach that is more to your liking and spend the day snorkeling and swimming. Lunch at local restaurant. We left around 4pm to get to Loreto. Rest of the day free (5:30 pm)
* DAY 10 Coronado Island. Breakfast 7-8am. We leave the dock towards the closest island to the harbor with the best beaches for snorkeling. We travel around looking for dolphins and visiting this colony of sea lions. Stop at the best beach with palapas to take lunch. We return to arrive at the Marina around 2pm.
*DAY 11 City Tour. Breakfast at the hotel from 8-10am. We will start our walk by the sea. Then we will take you on a historic street towards the plaza and the most important buildings. We visit the church of Loreto, historic capital of all California and the museum right next to it. We finish our services taking you to an ice-cream parlor.
*HOTEL-AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION ARE OPTIONAL, DEPENDING ON WHAT CUSTOMERS WANT TO DO WITH THE REST OF THEIR TIME.
– 10 Breakfast, 1 Lunch at San Javier, 2 box Lunch (Guerrero Negro/ Coronado) y 2 Picnics
– Blue Whale watching tour in Loreto
– San Javier Mission Tour
– Gray Whale watching tour in San Ignacio Lagoon
– Cave painting tour at Sierra de San Francisco
– Gray Whale watching tour in Scamoon´s Lagoon
– Bird watching in Guerrero Negro
– Salt mine tour in Guerrero Negro
– Pethroglyph site at Bahía Concepción
– Coronado Island tour
– Air conditioned van transportation
– Bilingual guide or bilingual guide-driver
– Entrance fee for Cueva del Ratón (to help preserve the area)
– Entrance fee to Loreto and Santa Rosalia Museum
– Entrance fee to Loreto Marine Park
Circuit does not include:
– Extra expenses for the hotel or extra meals
– Personal expenses.
*Recomended time of the year for this circuit: January 10th to March 28th
*Recommendations: Bring comfortable shoes and warm clothes, a windbraker jacket, sunscreen, sun glasses and a hat.
*Accommodations : Hotel la Misión o Hacienda suites en Loreto (4nights); Casa Granada Mulegé (2nights); Desert Inn en San Ignacio (2nights); Los Caracoles en Guerrero Negro (2nights).
*May we remind you that the use of flash is not permitted at the cave painting sites or inside any church.
*This circuit have been thought for clients who arrive to Loreto by themselves.